Episode 73: Our Take, September 30, 2019
In this week’s Our Take, we’re covering the antitrust trial for Sutter Health, and implications for future health system mergers. To sign up for the weekly email brief, click here.
Other briefs include:
- Lafayette General Health to merge with Ochsner Health System.
- CMS finalized a rule for implementing Medicaid DSH payment cuts.
- Connecticut is working to create the state’s first network of Centers of Excellence.
- Amazon is piloting a virtual health clinic called Amazon Care.
- RWJBarnabas Health and St. Luke’s University Health Network signed a three-year clinical affiliation agreement.
- CVS is launching a new pharmacy solution designed to give patients quicker access to specialty drugs.
In this episode
John Marchica is a veteran health care strategist and CEO of Darwin Research Group. He was the founder and CEO of FaxWatch, a leading business intelligence and medical education company and two-time member of the Inc. 500 list of America's fastest growing companies.
John is the author of The Accountable Organization and has advised senior management on strategy and organizational change for more than a decade. John earned his B.A. in economics from Knox College, an MBA and M.A. in public policy from The University of Chicago, and completed his Ph.D. coursework and doctoral exams in clinical epidemiology and health economics at The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice. He is a faculty associate in the W.P. Carey School of Business and the College of Health Solutions at Arizona State University.
About Darwin Research Group
Darwin Research Group Inc. provides advanced market intelligence and in-depth customer insights to health care executives, with a strategic focus on health care delivery systems and the global shift toward value-based care. Darwin’s client list includes forward-thinking biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as health care providers, private equity, and venture capital firms. The company was founded in 2010 as Darwin Advisory Partners, LLC and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. with a satellite office in Princeton, N.J.