Episode 71: Our Take, September 23, 2019
In today’s Our Take read-in, we discuss hospital market concentrations and their association with DOJ investigations and inpatient prices. To sign up for the weekly email brief, click here.
Other briefs include:
- Novo Nordisk announced that Rybelsus has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- NUW Medicine, MultiCare Health System, and LifePoint Health have partnered to form a clinically integrated network known as Embright.
- Sanofi and Abbott are collaborating to integrate their diabetes-related technologies.
- Blue Shield of California is testing rideQ, a ride-share program launched by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Institute last year, in the Sacramento area.
- Tennessee has proposed switching its Medicaid funding to a block grant.
In this episode
John Marchica is a veteran health care strategist and CEO of Darwin Research Group. He was the founder and CEO of FaxWatch, a leading business intelligence and medical education company and two-time member of the Inc. 500 list of America's fastest growing companies.
John is the author of The Accountable Organization and has advised senior management on strategy and organizational change for more than a decade. John earned his B.A. in economics from Knox College, an MBA and M.A. in public policy from The University of Chicago, and completed his Ph.D. coursework and doctoral exams in clinical epidemiology and health economics at The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice. He is a faculty associate in the W.P. Carey School of Business and the College of Health Solutions at Arizona State University.
About Darwin Research Group
Darwin Research Group Inc. provides advanced market intelligence and in-depth customer insights to health care executives, with a strategic focus on health care delivery systems and the global shift toward value-based care. Darwin’s client list includes forward-thinking biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as health care providers, private equity, and venture capital firms. The company was founded in 2010 as Darwin Advisory Partners, LLC and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. with a satellite office in Princeton, N.J.