Episode 47: Our Take April–Part 2
In this week’s episode, John reviews Humana’s new oncology payment model, several important announcements from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and more.
- CMS is offering five new payment models for primary care practices.
- CMS is inviting state Medicaid directors to test new ways to approach dual-eligibles.
- FDA cleared the first medical device to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Amazon rolled out its PillPack at-home prescription drug delivery service.
- Sutter and UPMC partner with DNAnexus to develop personalized treatments for multiple sclerosis.
In this episode
John Marchica is a veteran health care strategist and CEO of Darwin Research Group. He was the founder and CEO of FaxWatch, a leading business intelligence and medical education company and two-time member of the Inc. 500 list of America's fastest growing companies.
John is the author of The Accountable Organization and has advised senior management on strategy and organizational change for more than a decade. John earned his B.A. in economics from Knox College, an MBA and M.A. in public policy from The University of Chicago, and completed his Ph.D. coursework and doctoral exams in clinical epidemiology and health economics at The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice. He is a faculty associate in the W.P. Carey School of Business and the College of Health Solutions at Arizona State University.
About Darwin Research Group
Darwin Research Group Inc. provides advanced market intelligence and in-depth customer insights to health care executives, with a strategic focus on health care delivery systems and the global shift toward value-based care. Darwin’s client list includes forward-thinking biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as health care providers, private equity, and venture capital firms. The company was founded in 2010 as Darwin Advisory Partners, LLC and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. with a satellite office in Princeton, N.J.