Podcast 80: Our Take, November 4, 2019
In this week’s Our Take read-in, we’re covering the latest changes happening at Walgreens, including reducing their footprint and reimagining how they engage with consumers. To sign up for the weekly email brief, click here.
Other briefs include:
- Insurers will receive $1.59 billion in unpaid subsidies if the federal government follows through on a judge’s order.
- California’s attorney general put the kibosh on the Adventist-St. Joseph merger.
- UPMC has begun building a network of hospitals in China.
- Fifteen drug companies settled an Illinois Medicaid fraud suit for $242 million.
- An Oregon insurer has filed an antitrust lawsuit against three health systems.
- Thomas Zenty, the CEO of Cleveland-based University Hospitals for almost 18 years, will retire in January 2021.
In this episode
John Marchica is a veteran health care strategist and CEO of Darwin Research Group. He was the founder and CEO of FaxWatch, a leading business intelligence and medical education company and two-time member of the Inc. 500 list of America's fastest growing companies.
John is the author of The Accountable Organization and has advised senior management on strategy and organizational change for more than a decade. John earned his B.A. in economics from Knox College, an MBA and M.A. in public policy from The University of Chicago, and completed his Ph.D. coursework and doctoral exams in clinical epidemiology and health economics at The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice. He is a faculty associate in the W.P. Carey School of Business and the College of Health Solutions at Arizona State University.
About Darwin Research Group
Darwin Research Group Inc. provides advanced market intelligence and in-depth customer insights to health care executives, with a strategic focus on health care delivery systems and the global shift toward value-based care. Darwin’s client list includes forward-thinking biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as health care providers, private equity, and venture capital firms. The company was founded in 2010 as Darwin Advisory Partners, LLC and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. with a satellite office in Princeton, N.J.