Podcast 77: Our Take, October 21, 2019
In this week’s Our Take, we’re covering the latest events in the Sutter Health antitrust trial. To sign up for the weekly email brief, click here.
Other briefs include:
- California releases its first report on drug pricing, in an effort to improve transparency.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb-Pfizer Alliance is collaborating with Fitbit for atrial fibrillation detection.
- Amazon is partnering with City of Hope to provide cancer support services to U.S. Amazon employees and their families.
- Hackensack Meridian Health and Englewood Health have signed a definitive merger agreement.
- RWJBarnabas Health has signed a non-binding letter of intent to acquire Trinitas Regional Medical Center and its affiliates.
- Drug distributors McKesson, AmerisourceBergen, and Cardinal Health are discussing an agreement with state and local authorities to settle thousands of opioid-related lawsuits for $18 billion.
In this episode
John Marchica is a veteran health care strategist and CEO of Darwin Research Group. He was the founder and CEO of FaxWatch, a leading business intelligence and medical education company and two-time member of the Inc. 500 list of America's fastest growing companies.
John is the author of The Accountable Organization and has advised senior management on strategy and organizational change for more than a decade. John earned his B.A. in economics from Knox College, an MBA and M.A. in public policy from The University of Chicago, and completed his Ph.D. coursework and doctoral exams in clinical epidemiology and health economics at The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice. He is a faculty associate in the W.P. Carey School of Business and the College of Health Solutions at Arizona State University.
About Darwin Research Group
Darwin Research Group Inc. provides advanced market intelligence and in-depth customer insights to health care executives, with a strategic focus on health care delivery systems and the global shift toward value-based care. Darwin’s client list includes forward-thinking biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, as well as health care providers, private equity, and venture capital firms. The company was founded in 2010 as Darwin Advisory Partners, LLC and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz. with a satellite office in Princeton, N.J.